The Institute of Joint Assembler Qualification
The Institute of Joint Assembler Qualification (IJAQ), was established in 2016 to facilitate qualification of pressure boundary bolted joint assemblers in accordance with ASME PCC-1 Appendix A and EN1591-4. IJAQ collects and disseminates the knowledge of preeminent Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in the field of bolted joint assembly and assembler training.
- Train-the-Trainer; to maximize the level of impact of IJAQ course at the local or regional level A standardized curriculum, including testing and demonstrations
- Demonstration and test equipment for standardized curriculum
- Third party verification of assembler theoretical and practical test results
- Trainer training, for PCC-1 Appendix A Compliance A forum for
- End-User consultation and guidance (with a goal of standardization of industry approach)
- Third party auditor training, as appropriate General training for all levels of individuals involved in bolted Joint assembly
The role of IJAQ in PCC-1 Appendix A assembler qualification follows the below diagram.